Monday, January 2, 2012

Blueberry Scones


I am in love with scones. They are so fun to make and you can be really creative with what you put in them. I went with a simple ingredient but they are delicious. I found this recipe and they were so easy to make and turned out perfect! I made mixed berry scones before and they were delicious, but I just wanted to try out a new recipe.


Blueberry Scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 stick of cold butter, grated
1 large egg
1/2 cup cold heavy cream
1 cup fresh blueberries
extra heavy cream for brushing on tops
sugar to sprinkle on top

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. In a large bowl of an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a cheese grater, grate the stick of cold butter. Add the butter to the flour mixture and beat on the lowest speed until combined. Mix the egg and heavy cream together and slowly add it to the flour and butter mixture, beating on the lowest speed. Mix until just blended, and do not over beat the mixture. With the mixer still on the lowest speed, add the blueberries and beat until just combined.

3. Pour the dough onto a floured surface, and form the dough into a ball. With floured hands and rolling pin, roll the dough 3/4 inch thick. Form the dough into a square and cut it in triangles. I made 10 triangles but you can make them as large as you want.

4. Place the scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the tops of the scones with heavy cream, and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.




Recipe adapted from La Petit Brioche.

1 comment:

  1. These were amazing!! I wish they were not all gone, but thank you for making them...

    ReplyDelete