Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Orange Cupcakes


To all my trusty blog followers out there, I apologize for the gap in my blogging! I've been out of town for the past three week at the beach and camp, but no worries, I'm back.

I love food network more than you can imagine and it is basically the only channel I watch. I was watching Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee today and was inspired. I'm not really a Sandra Lee fan and don't usually watch her show because she just bothers me for some reason. Anyways, I decided to make a semi-homemade orange cupcake today and it turned out great. I always make all my cakes from scratch but sometimes you just don't have the time and it is a whole lot easier to use a box cake mix.

I used a white cake mix and simply added 3 teaspoons of orange extract to the batter. I made a cream cheese frosting and added 2 teaspoons of orange extract to that too.



I was in Jo Ann's the other day and saw the cutest cupcake holders and I had to try them out. Martha Stewart is just so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment