Saturday, October 22, 2011

Apple Crisp


I am in love with fall. I love everything about it. 

I found a recipe for the best apple crisp and I had to try it. It's from Martha Stewart and let me tell you, it's GOOD. It is really good. 

I changed a few things about the recipe and it turned out delicious! 

Apple Crisp
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 stick cold butter, cut in small cubes
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
4-5 green apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, salt, and the 2 tablespoons of sugar (saving the rest for the apples). Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Using 2 knives, cut the butter into the flour until it resembles course crumbs. Add the rolled oats and mix with your hands, squeezing until it is in large, moist clumps. Put mixture in the freezer while you cut your apples.

2. Peel and cut your apples and toss in lemon juice, cinnamon, and the remaining 1/2 cup of granulated sugar. Pour the apples into a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with the topping. Bake at 375 degrees until golden and bubbling on the sides. 

3. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment