Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gingerbread Men

When I think of Christmas, I think of gingerbread men. They are just so adorable! We had a sunday school cookie swap and thought this would be the perfect time to make some. I searched hard for a good gingerbread recipe and found one from Paula Deen. You can't go wrong with that, right?

Ingredients
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 stick of butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup molasses
3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt

Icing
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
Food coloring (as desired)

Using an electric mixer, cream the sugar and butter until combined. Add the eggs and molasses until combined. Sift together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir with a spoon.

Remove the dough from the bowl and wrap in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut with a cookie cutter.

Bake for 10 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool.

To make icing, combine confectioner's sugar with milk, add food coloring, and decorate however you like!



We all had a great time!

Sara, Hannah, and I.

Thanks Mrs. Sandra for having us! Your the best!



*Shoutout to Rebecca! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment